Friday, August 12, 2011

Men, please help me understand?

Dear Jasmine, I believe that the advice that you are getting is all good but what concerns me is that you say 'this keeps rearing it's ugly head'. Don't yse why he does this just ask yourself and him.......does he think it's right to treat you in this way?......and .....how would he feel if the rolls were reversed. You must be hurting like mad - let him know how you feel - short and sweet, something like 'I am really worried about our future together due to the way you act sometimes, I am not sure if I can go through this again......can we discuss this? Meet with him on neutral ground to discuss the situation, ask him 'open' questions, listen carefully to his answers, no need to say much yourself - remember you are the one who needs to know that he realises he has hurt you and will do everything he can to avoid hurting you again. Your happiness should be a priority for him. I give this advice from personal experience and from my heart. I have put up with this type of treatment for 7 years - engagement etc.... but the last time he left for his 'cave' was the last time, 6 months ago. I still hurt dreadfully and have received the usual texts from him...'why couldn't we get on - I miss you like crazy'! But this time I'm being strong - it would take an enormous gesture on his part to win me back - but do you know what? - after 7 years, I don't think he is capable of thinking of anyone except himself. Please be careful, think about yourself - as he may not be able to. Hopefully, when faced with the truth, he might realise the effect of his actions and do something about it. Be strong and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment