Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Have you read Lord of the Flies ?

Yes, I have read the book and I also happen to know that these are fairly easy questions to answer. Normally, I would say read the book and figure it out on your own, but since I am hyped up on Halloween candy, I shall help you. Piggy's Gles are significant because they represent science and technology. The fire is very significant because it is the only way the boys can be rescued. It also represents the boys' wishes to return home (the longer they remain on the island, the less they care about the fire). The conch represents democracy and civilization because the conch allows Ralph to have order among the boys. However, I am quite unfamiliar with the masks, but the pig's head (the Lord of the Flies) symbolizes the power of evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment